Grammars are among schools in Bucks that have been given cash by the government to make improvements, Bucks Free Press reports.
The cash, from the Department of Education’s Condition Improvement Fund, was initially set to provide £434mn for different school projects across the country, but another £182mn has been added to the pot so even more overhaul schemes can go ahead.
Watford Grammar School for Boys and Watford Grammar School for Girls are also to receive government funding to carry out improvements.
These are the schools in line for the cash, according to the publication.
- Dr Challoner’s Grammar School, Amersham – critical fire safety improvements
- Wycombe High School, High Wycombe – roof replacement
- John Hampden Grammar School, High Wycombe – urgent asbestos removal and boiler replacement
- Sir William Borlase’s Grammar School, Marlow – urgent roof refurbishment and associated works and urgent heating distribution and associated works
- Great Marlow School, Marlow – fire safety and compliance and asbestos safety
- Dr Challoner’s High School, Little Chalfont – urgent roof refurbishment
- Hamilton Academy, High Wycombe – asbestos removal
- The Beaconsfield School, Beaconsfield – urgent electrical safety improvements
- Ivingswood Academy, Chesham – roof replacement and boiler replacement
- Lent Rise School, Burnham – electrical distribution and associated works and water distribution replacement
- Beechview Academy, High Wycombe – safeguarding improvements
- Chiltern Way Academy, Aylesbury – replacement of failed roofs
- Dorney School, Dorney Reach – urgent life-expired boiler replacement
- Great Kingshill Church of England School, Great Kingshill – partial replacement of roof coverings and urgent fire safety improvements
- The Misbourne School, Great Missenden – urgent boiler room refurbishment and associated works and electrical and fire safety works
- Princes Risborough School, Princes Risborough – boiler replacement
- Royal Grammar School, High Wycombe – boiler replacement
- Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School, Aylesbury – heating upgrades
- The Highcrest Academy, High Wycombe – safeguarding improvements
- The Gerrards Cross CofE School, Gerrards Cross – flat and pitched roof coverings and associated works
- Holmer Green Senior School, Holmer Green – urgent roof replacement for main block
- St Nicolas’ CofE Combined School, Taplow – fire safety compliance and electrical improvements
- George Grenville Academy, Buckingham – failed internal doors, glazing, upgrade deficient emergency lighting system and compartmentation