Grammar schools make up most of the top 10 London state schools, according to the Real Schools Guide 2020, compiled by Reach’s data unit.
The survey takes into account 51 different data points – including GCSE results, Ofsted ratings, progress, pupil-teacher ratios and absence rates, My London reports.
Wembley High Technology College, in Brent, which is rated Outstanding by Ofsted is the best state-funded secondary school in London according to the guide.
In second place is Wilson’s School, in Sutton, while third top-rated school is Queen Elizabeth’s School, Barnet.
Wallington County Grammar School in Sutton is in fourth place, while the Tiffin Girls’ School is in seventh place followed by Nonsuch High School for Girls in eighth place and Wallington High School for Girls in tenth place.
The top 10 best ranked schools
10. Wallington High School for Girls, Sutton
9. Sacred Heart Catholic School, Southwark
8. Nonsuch High School for Girls, Sutton
7. The Tiffin Girls’ School, Kingston Upon Thames
6. Mossbourne Community Academy, Hackney
5. Woodford County High School, Redbridge
4. Wallington County Grammar School, Sutton
3. Queen Elizabeth’s School, Barnet
2. Wilson’s School, Sutton
1. Wembley High Technology College, Brent
Source: My London/ Real Schools Guide 2020